Earlier this year I took an online class with Jeanie of Jeanie's Designs on painting on leather. I met Jeanie (in real life) at a mixed media workshop in 2012 but have know her online for a few years. She is a wonderful artist and designer and it has been a blessing to learn from her.
This class was so much fun. We made leather cuffs and keychains. Her teaching style is relaxed and easy to follow. I learned about different types of leather, techniques for painting on leather (which can also be applied to other surfaces - yay!) finishing my products and how to incorporate leather into other projects I might have around here. Here are a few pictures of my work in progress as well as the finished products.
I was excited to be able to share the cuffs and keychains with a few special friends and family members and am looking forward to creating more - adding my own style and flair.
The online class consists of videos and a few pdfs as resources. She also has a facebook page for chatting, asking questions and sharing. I commend Jeanie for forging ahead in spite of a few minor video production kinks as well as a few "real life" surprises (congrats to Jeanie on her newest little grandsons that arrived just a wee bit early). She still has a few more videos to add and I can't wait to see them. Interested? Check out this class in Jeanie's Etsy Shop - here.
Jeanie also has a new online class starting this month - ART JOURNAL CLASS
Here is her description of this class...
"from second hand books we will cre8 art journals/scrapbooks. We will have a private blog classroom, private facebook page. There will be how to videos and pictures. Each week for 4 weeks we will make a journal, decorate the outside and create some art journal pages..."
I am looking forward to this class and learning more from this talented artist. (Registration for the class is here)
Wishing you a JOYful week....






No comments:
Post a Comment