Welcome to the One Little Word (OLW) Blog Hop. This is my first year joining the OLW adventure with Ali Edwards and I am super excited. My word for 2013 is JOY - and I first shared that with you here last month.
During January, I was amazed to discover how many times the word Joy or the feeling of Joy presented itself to me. Yes, I definitely chose the right word - or perhaps it chose me. One day it was as simple as watching my family chat at the table while I was preparing dinner. As they were laughing, joking and smiling - I found myself wrapped up in that moment - simply filled with JOY. While reading my daily devotional or reading scripture for a bible study, I read the word itself countless times. Listening to music and relaxing brought me JOY (there is an art of doing "nothing" that often escapes me). Overhauling my craft studio so that I could find a place to create filled me with JOY. (And create I did - more JOY) The simple act of taking care of my home for my family brought me JOY.
A little over a week ago, I completed the January assignment for OLW which was to document my intentions for the year. I created a two page layout for my OLW album that I will use throughout 2013. I chose an intention for each month and jotted a note or two on what that meant to me. Here are my JOYOUS intentions for the year along with notes to myself (I don't mind sharing- really)
January JOY in CREATING
Back to basics, create, learn new techniques. Develop and cultivate those arts that you love.
February JOY in MARRIAGE
Make sure your special valentine knows that he is the world to you
March JOY in the WORD
Apply the Word to your daily life. See what happens.
April JOY in SILENCE
Spend time in silence each day. What do you hear?
May a Mom's JOY
You are blessed with two beautiful daughters. Make sure they know that.
June JOY in JUNE
You are June (Cleaver) Admit it and find joy in all that being June entails.
(if you know me....this will be a real challenge)
July JOY in the little things
Look around and find joy in all of His creation.
August me myself and JOY
You are special. You are His child and you are worth it.
September JOY in friendships
Take extra time to appreciate current friendships while you cultivate new friendships.
October JOY is contagious
Be the light. Let others see the face of Jesus in all that you do.
November JOY in music
Enjoy a variety of music. Listen for messages of joy, hope, happiness and love.
December JOY in giving
You are blessed with so much, find new ways to give ~ random acts of kindness and give of yourself.
I have already seen overlap in the months which is great. I don't want my JOY in creating to be limited to January nor do I want any of my other intentions to be restricted to a single month - I want to find JOY throughout the year in everything I do and in all that I experience. Do I expect life to always be rosy - sure I do! But the reality is sometimes "life happens" and during those times, I can choose to be miserable or choose to find JOY.
I am excited to begin working on my February assignment and can't wait to share it with you.
Thanks for stopping by. And know that it is never to late to join the One Little Word Journey - you can find out more about it - HERE.
Now - on with the ONE LITTLE WORD BLOG HOP
You came from here >>> Poetic Aperture - Naomi
Your next stop is here >>>> I Wanna Be Me When I Grow Up - Kara
(and if you get lost along the way, you can head back here for the full list of OLW bloggers)
JOY - it's a choice, and one that I am embracing! Till next time.

9 comments:
1. Your mention of how you came up with your word gave me tears. 2. I'm going to read your list of Joy intentions every month to apply to my own life. They're so perfect.
3. I keep meaning to tell you that meeting you brought Joy to my life this past year. I enjoyed our chat last year (exactly a year ago) so much. I was torn between wishing I could talk to you more often and worrying that I might have been annoying. Anyway, meeting you was a gift and I've been wanting to thank you for it.
What pretty layouts! I love the joyful little heats. The story of how you came to your word, is simply beautiful.
Melanie - now you are gonna make me cry. Meeting you has been a blessing in my own life and I am tickled for the direction you have gone in designing. Makes my heart warm. (and I love following your kiddos on FB)
Awww - thank you Karen!
JOY is a wonderful word choice (I spent the year with Happy in 2010) and I know you will love it! Your monthly topics are great too!
I love how you say it's a choice. And that you have a way to incorporate it into each month. I'm so excited to do this with you this year!
Thanks Cheri - Joy and Happy are great places to be!
Naomi - I am excited about this journey too. I've been looking at it from the outside in - and I have already seen so much to smile about...
I love how happy your project is. I have no doubt the joys will all ebb and flow through the year!
Post a Comment