The Art Journal Caravan spent a few extra days in the UK, but I have to admit - I plan on chartering a private virtual plane to go back and see what else I can create. There were so many places I wanted to see and people I wanted to meet.
Tangie Baxter is a phenomenal tour guide. Her weekly prompts and inspiration as well as her generosity with the caravaners cannot be beat. The instructional tutorials she makes available are excellent. For those that are not quite sure what the Art Journal Caravan is all about- check it out here...(Tangie also has a freebie to share!)
My recent Art Journal Pages (all of these are digital):
Here is a page I created which featured a quote by Agatha Christie.
A layout featuring a quote by another famous British author....
And this layout was inspired by Tangie's prompt - " I am an idea". Can I say I really like the way this turned out.
And, we have now moved on....to FRANCE! (A place that is totally on my list of "must see" countries. Always has been. Must be the romantic in me.)
Tangie Baxter's poetic license challenges are fun. Creating a layout with a poem or text using 12 (very) randomly selected words. When I look at the 12 words they often just sit there...doing nothing...and then there is a spark (usually in the middle of the night when I am tucked soundly in bed) and I know exactly what I want to do. I love the soft colors and layers on this one.
Georges Seurat is one of my all time favorite French artists. I knew I could not leave France without a page dedicated to him. (And we are here in France all month. There are so many more French artists I adore)
It's never to late to join the Art Journey Caravan. More information on registration can be found on the Art Journey Caravan Website .
Till next time - praying that your 2013 is filled with JOY!






No comments:
Post a Comment