Monday, January 28, 2013

Still in the UK with the Art Journal Caravan

Tangie Baxter's Art Journal Caravan is still in the UK as we continue to explore the wonders that are around us. I am amazed at the creativity and talent of the other 'travelers' on this journey.  If you have a chance, take a peek over in the Art Journal Caravan gallery.  It is truly inspirational.  It is also fun to see what can be created in Photoshop and other digital programs.  (Yes, I still like to get messy with traditional art journaling, but the cleanup is so much easier this way)

Over the past few weeks, I have dabbled a little with the weekly poetic license challenge and with the ArtJournalPhoto Assignments.  And yet, there is so much more to see in the UK. You know the feeling. As you near the end of your vacation - you begin thinking - "if only I had gone there", "I wish I had a chance to do that".   My goal over the next few days is to explore a little bit more in this Port of Call before the Art Journal Caravan continues on to places yet to be determined.

Poetic License Challenge

Art Journal Caravaners were provided with a digital library of over 400 words.  Each week we are given 12 of these words that have been randomly selected.  Our challenge is to use these words on a layout, however we would like.  We have only done three so far- but I can honestly say that this challenge is...well....challenging. Here are my first three pages (the "poetic license" words are the "snips" of paper)





ArtJournalPhoto Assignments

Another weekly assignment is to take a picture based on one specific word which also doubles as our word of the week.  We use instagram to share that picture.  (Ok, we are also encouraged to use that word in a page for our art journal - I am not quite that far yet)

magic (my girls must think it is "magic" that the dishes are washed and put away each day - perhaps it is the house fairy at work)

time (sadly it was time for my daughter to head back to college for her second semester)


mystery (I think everyone can relate to the mystery of the single sock that is left when laundry is done)



I hope to have a few more pages to share with you from our UK adventure before we depart for our next destination.

Till next time...may you be inspired to create and may your heart be filled with JOY. (yes, Joy is still my "one little word")


No comments: