Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Little Word - Intentions

One Little Word - Joy!

The 2013 journey with Ali Edwards and countless others has begun.  Words have been chosen (and in some cases, changed or tweaked) While I waffled a bit with my word earlier in the month - I ultimately  realized that JOY chose me.

JOY:
1. a deep feeling or condition of happiness or contentment
2. something causing such a feeling; a source of happiness
3. an outward show of pleasure or delight; rejoicing 

I want to move through 2013 finding JOY in all situations - even those that might be challenging or difficult. Life is not always easy - but finding JOY is a choice and it is one that I have every intention of making.  Speaking of intentions...

Our January assignment for ONE LITTLE WORD was to identify "intentions" for each month for our chosen word.  And along with each intention is a short blurb on what that means to me. I can see that while I have identified my intentions for each month - there is already overlap.  And how cool is that ~ to be able to find JOY in so many areas of my life.  I created a two page layout for my ONE LITTLE WORD album.


January's intention is joy in creating.  This month has been a time to get back to basics. I have spent the last week (or so) in my craft studio ~ cleaning, purging, organizing, gifting and yes, creating.
I have even dabbled in a few new arts (new to me) and am really enjoying the creative outlet they provide.  I'll share more on those in a future post.

Other areas where I have found JOY during the last few weeks:  new Bible Studies, watching my family 'play around' together while waiting for dinner,  watching both of my girls grow and mature, listening to children singing music, a baby's laugh, housecleaning (ouch, did I really just admit that) and so much more.

It's funny how ONE LITTLE WORD can make a difference ~ if you open your eyes and your heart.

Wishing you JOY each morning, each night and all that is in between....

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Joy is a choice is a phrase my family hear a lot around here, glad you are finding so much joy in your life!